Finally done with some commissioned pieces!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Shocking, but I didn't cast a single blank for these :eek:

First up is a quick 2 pen order that was needed in a rush. Both are Chrome Euro's of Waterfall Bubinga with African Blackwood accent bands. CA finish.

Here's a 24 pen order all done with Chrome/Blk Ti Aero's with Spalted Norfolk Pine. When I first got the wood it was basically powder. I sent them to my buddy Jeff (Bigj51) for stabilizing in Cactus Juice. When I got them back they were solid as a rock and turned beautifully! It took me about 2 weeks to get them all done. I can honestly say I'm sick of doing CA finishes for quite some time!

(Yes I know there are only 23 pens in this pic! One was upstairs and I didn't feel like getting it):

Some of my favs from the bunch:

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Great job Jonathon, how many did you get made before you was tired of the ca finish...2,3? :biggrin: At least they were single tube pens. I've been doing cigar style :bulgy-eyes: Those look great, love the timber

jyreene

Great job Jon. Those are some fine pens. CA...I don't like that finish. Partly because I suck at it and partly because I think I might be mildly allergic. It does make a great lolling finish though.

OOPS

I really like the Euro. I like the style of that pen and also appreciate your custom center band. And just so you know, I am still having dreams about that lime green pen from last week!

jttheclockman

They all came out great and I am sure they will be well received. You should be proud of those. It is a bit shocking that you could not talk the client into some creative casting by you.:) Sometimes though a nice piece of timber is just the ticket. Those did come out sweet looking.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

Awesome pens as always. Now you can get back to casting..lol

Get back to!?! HA! It's a never-ending battle with the resin :crying::biggrin:

Great job Jonathon, how many did you get made before you was tired of the ca finish...2,3? :biggrin: At least they were single tube pens. I've been doing cigar style :bulgy-eyes: Those look great, love the timber

1! I have a really quick and easy CA finish, but I just hate doing it. Good thing is I would knock out 10 or so then take a break and do the rest the next day. Polishing is what takes me longest!

I really like the Euro. I like the style of that pen and also appreciate your custom center band. And just so you know, I am still having dreams about that lime green pen from last week!

Thanks! You have dreams....I have nightmares of making more :tongue::biggrin:

SO, you're the guy who out bid me on the Norfolk Island Pine! BTW nice pens. Like them.

Lol...coulda been. What I bought was a medium flat rate box full of shorties. I have a few bowl blanks of this that I'm hoping to get to turn before long!

They all came out great and I am sure they will be well received. You should be proud of those. It is a bit shocking that you could not talk the client into some creative casting by you.:) Sometimes though a nice piece of timber is just the ticket. Those did come out sweet looking.

Thanks John! I tried at first to do PR, but they wanted wood. I'm complaining now but I really had fun turning them. Since I rarely turn wood it was a good vacation from the resin. This pine was really fun. Looks a lot like buckeye burl, but with bright cream and orange streaks throughout.

Top Bottom