Finally, a productive day in the shop!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

Since my wife broke her shoulder two weeks ago I really haven't had any time in the shop. She has been very good but still needs my help more than I need to be making sawdust. Today before the early service at chuch she was complaining to me that she has not done any shopping for Christmas, so after church my daughter' took off with "Mom" to do some shopping out of town. That left me all day after church to work in the shop without any distractions.

After a three-egg bacon and cheese omlet to thicken up my blood I headed out to the shop in the cold rain and wind, glad I put in that heater even if I do live in Florida.

Todays' work included 30 turned hollowed ornaments in a variety of woods (started with 32 blanks but two had the inside diameter slightly larger than the outside diameter-

2005121963451_Ornaments%20small.jpg

The gift shop that sells our k'scopes locally this Christmas called last night that they sold 14 just yesterday so I turned 12 more and assembled 10 I had previously turned while the finish was drying on the ones I did today. I hope the sales will exceed what the family is spending today![}:)]

2005121963755_kscope%20small.jpg

Then I decided to make some walnut candleholders for gifts for some of the office staff at my school, after the first one went so well it just made sense to do a dozen (the glass part I bought from an oulet store for 33 cents each)

2005121964014_Candlehold%20small.jpg

Finally finished with a bowl from some ambrosia maple I recently was given, actually I have enough for dozens of the bowls in addition to all the ornaments I made. Not happy with the finish but it will be OK to put some nuts in on the bar, which is what I made it for-

2005121964335_Amb%20bowl%20small.jpg

About the time I was finishing one of my students that works for a pizza company dropped off a pizza that was the wrong one for an order, usually they go back to the shop but he remembered that grades are due at the end of Christmas break;) After a long day in the shop I had not realized how hungry I was until I started eating, good pizza!

My family soon arrived home but they were tired so they all went to bed, after pumping wifey full of pain pills. Seems she overdid it today on that shoulder. Nothing else to do so I fixed a stiff drink and went out the hot tub to soak out those sore muscles. Being in the hot tub wasn't bad but getting out was cold, only in the 40's here and still rainly & windy.

Now time for bed, but since I through teaching until Jan. 4 I may do all again tomorrow! [8D]

PenWorks

Nice collection Ray, I need to get some time to try the scopes, seems to be a good seller for you. I've had my ducks calls in a box for over a year now . Enjoy the holidays and the break.

JimGo

Beautiful day's work! I'm impressed! Glad your wife is feeling better; days like yesterday will both remind her that she still has some recovery ahead, and how far she's come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom