FINAL Donation Drawing Thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A few more thoughts related to the Donation Drawing.

What a nice bunch of prizes! Ya better GET A MUG!

Since I will be doing the drawing about noon tomorrow, I am extending the entry period until 9am US Eastern time March 1, 2015. So, there's still time to GET A MUG and get your name in the hopper. (Blue and red mugs and green desk cups are left, t-shirts left as well. They'll ship Monday)

ALSO, based on a suggestion from our good friend [profile=edman2]Freddie Pike[/profile] I'm going to slightly modify how we do the drawing. Previously, we drew the prizes in the order they had been posted. Since this is a single draw win, once you've won something, you're out of the running. So if we pulled a $50 prize prior to a $500 prize, you had no chance at the higher dollar prize.

So, I'm going to sort the prize list on descending value, so that the most people have the chance to win the highest value prize. I don't know why I had not previously thought of that. THANKS, FREDDIE!

Everyone will have a chance at the Arrowmont Class!
(WINNER, YOU BETTER SEND PICTURES!!! :biggrin:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

A few more thoughts related to the Donation Drawing.

What a nice bunch of prizes! Ya better GET A MUG!

Since I will be doing the drawing about noon tomorrow, I am extending the entry period until 9am US Eastern time March 1, 2015. So, there's still time to GET A MUG and get your name in the hopper. (Blue and red mugs and green desk cups are left, t-shirts left as well. They'll ship Monday)

ALSO, based on a suggestion from our good friend [profile=edman2]Freddie Pike[/profile] I'm going to slightly modify how we do the drawing. Previously, we drew the prizes in the order they had been posted. Since this is a single draw win, once you've won something, you're out of the running. So if we pulled a $50 prize prior to a $500 prize, you had no chance at the higher dollar prize.

So, I'm going to sort the prize list on descending value, so that the most people have the chance to win the highest value prize. I don't know why I had not previously thought of that. THANKS, FREDDIE!

Everyone will have a chance at the Arrowmont Class!
(WINNER, YOU BETTER SEND PICTURES!!! :biggrin:)
pretty sure we've all seen Curtis and Don - and they ain't that photogenic.

:tongue:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I'm just about ready to head over to random.org to execute the drawing. It took me a while to make sure the entrant list was completely correct and get the prize list formatted for posting.

We have 40 prizes worth $5295 and 190 entrants.

Another cup of coffee and we'll get this done!

markgum

o boy... it's almost time....
THANK YOU JEFF for all you do to make this an excellent site of information and friends.
I've met a few of the pen turners on here from the west coast to those in the Great Lakes area. Great bunch of people willing to share ideas.

Top Bottom