Few New Pens.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from challagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

challagan

Here are my most recent. The wife and kids are out of town so I have 3 1/2 days to turn turn turn... as the song goes! Finish is Enduro and TSW.

First One: Walnut Comfort Pen & Pencil Set that I got an order for. Kit is Titanium Gold
WalnutComfortSet2.jpg

Second is a Splated Maple cigar with Black Enamel finish. Spalting doesn't show up to much as I realized with the pen point extended the barrel is turned away. Anyway.. has some neat spalting.
SpaltMaple1.jpg

SpaltMaple2.jpg

And lastly my first modified slimline. Kit is a satin nickle PSI kit and the wood is a mystery south american wood.
SAModified1.jpg

SAModified3.jpg

Thanks all!
Corey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

challagan

Thanks guys. I am getting the handle on the Enduro :) The cigar kit is a Berea cigar and I believe I got these from BB at Arizona Sil. As far as the mystery wood, definitely not bloodwood. It appears to me to be some kind of a rosewood. A internet buddy sent me a box of 1.5 square x 8 inch pieces. He got them in 30 inch lengths real cheap from Rocklers. He bought a case of them and he thought they were selling them as hardwood to use in their mobile tool base. He originally told me it was kingwood but it is much more stringy grained than that. My guess it is a rosewood but not kingwood. Possibly a mahogany but mahogany's usually do not polish and finish as well as this. Has alot of oils in it like most rosewoods.
Anyway, thanks as always for the kind words!
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom