Feeling a little blue...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Been looking at this blank for a while and I was not sure I was going to like it, but you see... I have this bottle of Pelkin 4001 blue ink and I just don't have a thing for it to wear! I just did not have a fountain pen in my collection that it "worked" in soo...

My one thing which I did and at first thought I ruined the blank was I used black inside the blank over a blue... Man, big change on this bank because it's so transparent, however once it was turned I REALLY like the dark highlights it takes from the black.

Oh, and I am still torn on this... I got some Churchill posting ends today from an IAP memeber and put one on. I am not sure if I really like it or not, any opinions?? I do like the extra weight in hand from the brass post end over the plastic El-Grande one, and it's not "bad" looking but I have not made up my mind if I like it yet.

Not the best photos but...
520071.jpg

520072.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeffj13

Lee,

Nice looking pen. I really like that blank. Looks like the fit and finish are darn near perfect.

I'm not sure about using the churchill part. It looks ok, but, to me, it throws the symmetry of the pen off (flat top, round bottom).
However, I'm one of those guys that likes things to match.

jeff

kkwall

Very nice pen. I like the colour effect with the black tubes, it gives it depth.[8D]

I agree with jeff on the posting end! It would perhaps be better with the original end. But it is still a very nice pen.

Firefyter-emt

Yea, I have gone back & forth and I will probably keep the original end. (keep in mind, it is a screw on end) I love the feel with the Churchill end, but I do like the look of the El-Grande end better.

Here is a much better photo that caught the depth of the blank and with the El-Grande post cap.

520074.jpg

mick

One Beautiful pen Lee! I think I like it better with the finial for the El Grande. The blanks shows beautiful depth and shine. That's one of my favorite acrylics, Just sold a Panache made from it!
I normally paint the insides with a medium blue, but I really like what the black has done to the look of the blank.

Firefyter-emt

Randy... I hope you were not too enamored by my "background" as it's just sitting on one of the still good spots on my office desk top!! [:D]

But seriously, thanks guys I really like this one between the blank and the cneterband style, it just works right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom