Feed threads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but the search function and even google were no help. What are the feed threads that come in the spare triton sections you carry? I've been working on my kitless techniques and I would like to make more affordable fountain pens. And while we are on that topic, do you carry sections for the larger nibs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi Joe!

We once carried front sections for the Junior series. When we went to reorder, they changed the pricing to be nearly as much as ordering the entire kit.

So, we instead purchase from Berea. Which turns out to be a "godsend", since other manufacturers seem to be "screwing with the thread size" (so to speak). Because of these deviations, we are planning to market the front sections as "Berea specific".

Will they actually work for "kitless"? Of course they will. But, since I don't have the expertise to advise on kitless production, I will leave that to those who do.

IF anyone is certain of the correct answer for these questions, please chime in---my best answer is "I don't know". I know they fit Berea's triton, atrax, baron and sedona. That is another GOOD reason to build your product line around Berea's offerings----they are consistent. Right now, they seem to be the ONLY ones with that characteristic.

Again, if anyone KNOWS the correct answer to the size and pitch of these threads, please feel free to give it.

Thanks,
Ed

Joe S.

I think the feeds are usually the same. The outer metal threads on the section seem to be changing recently, but that it unimportant for this.

PR_Princess

Joe, are you looking to these sections just to get a nib and feed? If you need just these parts, there is no reason to buy a whole section. If so, send me a PM...I have some feeds that we were testing that have not yet made the site.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
My best estimate would be 8.5 x 1 that was standard on the Baron/ Sedona and several others. The threads will probably measure 8.3 to 8.4 if you measure them. They are sloppily made.
I havent had my hands on this kit but I believe that Mike roux did and he measured them I have emailed him to see if he has one or remembers. At this time Im not 100 % positive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom