Feather Inlay ... My Best Yet :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

I just finished this one about a hour ago, I think its my best yet and will probably be the first one of these I will attempt to sell, if I can decide on a price. The picture are terible and don't do it justice, the colors of the thread and feathers are very bright. I really need to get my photo tent set back up instead of shooting with just a 50 light watt bulb.

The kit is the Wallstreet II with Jungle **** and Golden Pheasant feathers, blue, green and gold thread and gold tinsel.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502b.jpg

IMG_0501b.jpg

BTW I am almost finished with the tutorial for casting feathers and hopefully will have it posted later today, just waiting for the blank to cure. Check the Casting forum later for the post.

Comments/Critiques always appreciated.

Happy Turnings,

Edited: Feather Pen Tutorial is posted: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28039

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Shane, I didn't think they could get any better than your last one. That is awesome! Looking forward to your tutorial, I have a pheasant skin full of feathers I've been wanting to cast. Wish I wouldn't have sold all my fly tying stuff.

great12b4ever

Shane, I am having a hard time with your pen. It somehow looks a tad bit off in places, and I am not sure how it would hold up over the long haul. IN order to ease my mind you need to send that pen to me post haste and I will give it a good going over for the next 2 or 3 years, using it everyday, and then I will try to remeber to report back my in depth results and critique.[:D][:D][:D]

Seriously. I LIKE IT!! Fantastic job! looking forward to the tutorial

Rob

les-smith

That's it I'm jealous. I tried not to be, but you broke me. Dang, Am I ever impressed. In my opion you have found a nitch. I think your tutorial is going to get me into casting. Great job, again.

Hosspen

Wow! That's some really cool natural colors there. I've never seen such a nice feather pen. Keep up the fine feathered friend work. You have quite the eye for color combinations. Thanks for sharing your talents.

alxe24

wow that is one heck of a pen. I don't know how difficult was to made but I'de sell it between $90 to $110.
Congrats on that creative pen. and looking forward for the tutorial.
Alex

redfishsc

That is really, really sweet. A good color match with the platings.

I would certainly price that puppy high, as said, over $100. This isn't the kind of pen I'd be willing to reduce profits just so I could potentially sell more. "Flagship" pens like this are like Corvettes and Vipers-- they don't...and shouldn't... go cheap. You may not sell a huge number of them, but it will certainly make a very strong argument that your craftsmanship and time spent makes your $40 pens a REAL bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom