favorite?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

I have only made slims and cigars so far. What do you all LIKE to make?
Forget what sells best for now, what style do you make and use for yourself?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

My favorite daily user right now is the Sierra. I have made a few different fountain pens for my self and haven't found one that I like to write with yet, but I am not giving up.

Petricore

I'd have to agree, aesthetically I prefer the sierra, and the weight is great on it too, and its a show piece that sells more pens. But inkwise I prefer the rollerballs the best (jr gent is what I have). I think the rollerballs write smoother than the parkers.

workinforwood

I have to say I prefer to carry a cigar in my shirt pocket. Corian is my choice of blank because I don't just want big, I want heavy. It makes an impression when I hand it to people to sign their paperwork. It is a great advertiser. It's bt too, so it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

workinforwood

You can get a rollerball insert for a cigar and a click pen or any other pen, and you can get a rollerball insert for a slim. Seen them all at Office Depot when I was searching for a 1.0 mm blue gel fill for a customer. They also have the parker style cartridges that write upside down and under water. That's a big selling feature, the underwater part because we all know that the bathroom is the mens office.

There must be 50 refills on the wall at office depot. I really recommend upgrading your personal pen to a larger ball like a .7 or 1.0 mm. The 1 and 1.2 mm makes your ballpoint feel and write like a fountain pen.

Russianwolf

my daily writer is a olive wood cigar, for no other reason than I cracked the wood assembling it (my first). I like the heft.

I love making the sierra since it is SOOOOO simple. If it were 1/2 longer, I'd probably carry that as my daily pen. but it just doesn't feel right in my hand for long.

Scott

Originally posted by Scotty
<br />Sounds like I need to make at least one Sierra! Thanks to all the info found here, I am learning. Slowly, but still learning.

I'm still learning, too! Slowly, but still learning!

BTW, I like the name! [;)]

Scott.

GBusardo

I use a Cherry burl comfort with out the rubber thing, it fits my hand and feels like a pen to me. I also love the wood, it has turned about 10 shades darker since I turned it

DaveM

I make what sells, but secretly, I like some pens better than others. My favorites are Cigars, Baron/Sedonas, Sierras, Olympias, and the Flat tops. I just started with the Jr Gents, and I like them a lot too.
The Olympias are just nice pens, and they go together well. The Flat top double twists are nice looking pens, and they work very well if they are assembled correctly. It is a trick to get everything right, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to knock out one after the other. The sierras are fun, because they cry out for single and double beads, and little turning flourishes. They are also my "Instant gratification" pen, as I only have to turn one barrel, and they go together very quickly. They are also a really nice looking pen when done. The cigars are great because they are so big. I like watching the colors and patterns come out in acrylics (Or wood too) when polishing up those huge blanks! They are also a hefty pen, and fun to pick up and look at. The Baron/Sedona, and Jr. Gents are all fun because they are more of a premium level kit. They take a bigger blank too, and they look so nice when they are finished. Sometimes when I am figuring my hours I have into an order, I wonder if I should charge the customer for the time I sat at the bench just staring at the pen after polishing and Ren Waxing it. It's almost like an occupational hazard!

I am also starting to like the Perfect Fit too. It is going to take a while before it gets into the elite group of favorite pens though

Dave

Firefyter-emt

Well, I guess I am spoiled... My number one daily pen is my Black-Ti trimmed, Jr. Statesman with a cocobolo blank. It's a fountian pen filled with Visconti brown ink.

Although, I have a wonderfull BOW blank that might just get wrapped on another Jr. Statesman kit for my daily pen, I have not decided yet. My daily user is getting a bit rough, the plating is wearing pretty bad as you can see on the post end. [V]

my-pen.jpg

avbill

Scott I started by looking at all the pen kits with the different suppliers.

My sons wanted something that was a foundation pen I choose Churchill. I like Sedona or Baron because their smaller. I have been playing around with a wooden center band with the slimline. Tried the El Grande and did not like the feel of the pen I did make a few Olympic yet they were too long out of balance. And the Cigar my favorite as it fits my big hand. well thats my 2 cent worth.

bill daniels

avbill

Scott I started by looking at all the pen kits with the different suppliers.

My sons wanted something that was a foundation pen I choose Churchill. I like Sedona or Baron because their smaller. I have been playing around with a wooden center band with the slimline. Tried the El Grande and did not like the feel of the pen I did make a few Olympic yet they were too long out of balance. And the Cigar my favorite as it fits my big hand. well thats my 2 cent worth.

bill daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom