Fathers Day Orders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from massman

massman

I made a couple of Razors for a Memorial Day Weekend show and was lucky enough to sell what I had at the show and accepted a couple of orders. I like concept as I use the Mach 3 style everyday and find that it's a nice price and I don't have to hear " I lose my razor all the time, or Somebody at work will take it and not bring back" from every other customer.
I bought some badger hair but haven't the nerve to turn a shaving brush yet. I have been looking for a video to watch on turning the brush but with limited luck.

I have a show coming up this weekend and hope to sell a few more.

Attachments

• razor 5.jpg
    razor 5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensmyth

Here's my first attempt at one too. I'm going to try making a shaving brush next. The body is Cocobolo.

Attachments

• B001.jpg
    B001.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 148

PenMan1

I made a couple of Razors for a Memorial Day Weekend show and was lucky enough to sell what I had at the show and accepted a couple of orders. I like concept as I use the Mach 3 style everyday and find that it's a nice price and I don't have to hear " I lose my razor all the time, or Somebody at work will take it and not bring back" from every other customer.
I bought some badger hair but haven't the nerve to turn a shaving brush yet. I have been looking for a video to watch on turning the brush but with limited luck.

I have a show coming up this weekend and hope to sell a few more.

Almost the same story here.... The razors are selling well and I just ordered another dozen and some badger brushes from BTW to make a set.

My problem is packaging! The razors will not fit into the wooden boxes I buy from AS, So I'm putting them in the PSI leather pen case. It works ok but looks goofy.

How are you packaging?

PenMan1

Here's my first attempt at one too. I'm going to try making a shaving brush next. The body is Cocobolo.

I haven't had the guts to make a razor out of wood yet. I know with a CA finish it should do fine, but I'm chicken.

Let us know how the wood holds up after getting "wet" in the shaving process!

pensmyth

I put a pretty thick finish of ca on it and soaked the ends with thin ca. This will be my "test" piece for wood I'll let you know how it goes.

PenMan1

I found 3 places: Bear Tooth Woods and Arizona Silohuette both have these (Berea) kits. The Golden Nib has a little different style.

Top Bottom