Father-In-Law Excels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

My father-in-law has started to get into this wonderful hobby. He lurks on here from time to time but has not posted yet. I am quite proud of the quality of work he is doing and wanted to show off one he sent a photo of last night. BTW, he is a photographer by profession (he shoots stiff er I mean stills) so pretty good shots, if he wouldn't crop it too much.
jfpen.jpg

Mike​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Nice! Honduran rosewood burl?

Yes this was some HRB that he picked up from a local supplier. I was impressed with the wood quality. ALMOST as good as Nolans Insane Rosewood Burl

Tell him....NPGJ........I'm now sure that I'm being chastised from above:rolleyes:.

Yes Roy you are and he is enjoying giving you a hard time. Bet you have a hard time with the next pen you turn which would be a sign of him getting even. :)

Wow! Linda taught him well!

No Lou, it was not Linda who taught him. She will tell you he is unteachable. Actually he is mostly self taught. He is even using CA/BLO finishes and we have never tried the BLO.

Thanks! Haven't seen that in a long time. Fitting; it's almost the 4th.

Every time I look through this category in the forum I think of that acronym. It is more than appropriate and the timing was no accident.

NPGJ ???? :confused::confused::confused:

Nice Pen/Photo Great Job! :confused::confused::confused::)

Yes this means nice pen / good job. This goes back a few years to an old friend who passed away two years ago on July 4th. He hated the NPGJ comments and thought that folks should be honest with what they see. Not everyone had skin as tough as his, not a tongue as sharp. I sorely miss those days and his sharp wit. Although he was know for the NPGJ, my all time favorite line of his was, "Go forth and procreate alone". We should all aspire to be such a free spirit.

Mike

IPD_Mrs

Wow! Linda taught him well!

ROFLMAO. While I really appreciate the credit Lou, I assure you my father is far from trainable. (My mom would be happy to back me up on this I'm sure!) But he's the best Daddy in the world :wink:

My daddy is, in many ways, the most talented man I know, and probably will ever know. He has a penchant for finding hobbies and whatever it is - he blows it out of the water. He always throws everything he has into what he is doing and he learns really fast. He will be having more pretty impressive and stunning pens here before you know it. He made some very good choices in wood recently. :)

Linda

jskeen

Yes this means nice pen / good job. This goes back a few years to an old friend who passed away two years ago on July 4th. He hated the NPGJ comments and thought that folks should be honest with what they see. Not everyone had skin as tough as his, not a tongue as sharp. I sorely miss those days and his sharp wit. Although he was know for the NPGJ, my all time favorite line of his was, "Go forth and procreate alone". We should all aspire to be such a free spirit.

Mike

Man, I had just mentioned our late feathered friend to Ed in a PM earlier this week, Not sure why he had came to mind out of the blue. Now I know, the date was stuck in my subconscious. A favorite lesson he taught me "Hell no, I won't tell you how I did it, You figure it out and tell me, I might like your way better"

Top Bottom