Fat segmented Desk Pen w/brass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

I'm really, really pleased with this pen. It's pen number 8.

It's a nice, fat desk pen, combining a couple of tricks I picked up right here! First, it's a twist ball pen, with the twisty bit closer to the end than to the middle. Second, it has a strip of brass foil inlaid. Most importantly, All the brass furniture, I turned myself. Except the transmission and the tubes, it's virtually kitless. Here is it from another angle.

Did I say I'm really, really pleased with this pen? brass comes up really well with a MM finish.

Next time I use the brass foil, I'm gonna to a curve more like the one shown here. I like the way after it's turned, the inlay looks fatter at the ends.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KDM

it is very unique, have you only turned 8 pens? you are off to a great start

Yep. Only turned 8 pens and they're all here. All on a metal working lathe. Mostly mahogany and based on slimline kits. The 8 inlclues this particular mess.

Wouldn't it be great if the site had a "show all pens by user" feature? (Maybe it already does and I missed it.) I suppose you could search threads started by user in Show off your pens, but that wouldn't pick up this one or the one mentioned above.

KDM

(I think) I have a photo album - it's how I get my photos into my posts. I have loads more photos than I have pens, so a lot of my photos don't classify as "pens".

BTW, I LOVE your stripey segmented pen. It would be great is there was an easy way to link the photos to a page where the technique is described.

Top Bottom