Farmhouse Bed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

I made friends with the owner of a local "knick-knack" shop in my hometown and she asked for my contact information in case someone came to her shop looking for custom woodworking. I never expected a phone call but lo and behold I received a call from a woman looking for a custom farmhouse bed. Her sister in law was moving from Hawaii to NC while her husband who is a member of our Armed Services went to Afghanistan. And to boot, the siter in law is pregnant! Drew up some plans in CAD and sent them to her and she loved it so I started building! Grant-it she approached me early August and needed the bed by Oct. 1. In between, my wife and I moved into our new house mid-August and then my wife went off on a two week business trip to roll out a new IS system for her company in France! Had to keep the plans simple so that I could complete it on time! Finished it off with Annie Sloan's Old White Chalk Paint and a coat of the clear soft wax. She picked it up last Saturday and said she would more than likely be coming back for matching night stands!

Sorry for the picture quality. I had to move the bed from the shop at my dad's house to my garage so I could paint it while the wife was away and our kiddo slept!

Attachments

• IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Don't let her see that farmhouse table you made or you'll be making another one of those too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom