Fantasy Football Trophy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cbatzi01

cbatzi01

I decided to make an official Fantasy Football trophy this year that will be "presented" during the Super Bowl. This was a fun project, and a good opportunity to use some other turning skills.

The ball is walnut with maple laces. The stand is walnut with curly maple. All finished with wipe-on poly.

Click HERE to see an album of "The Making of" pics.

Comments and critiques welcome!

Thanks!
Chris

Attachments

• FF trophy.JPG
    FF trophy.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That is pretty cool. Trying to figure how large it is??? Did you do that in one piece and then cut the gooves in later??? Great job.

cbatzi01

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. The ball is a 9/16 scale, so it is about 8" end to end. The ball blank is 2 thick pieces glued together. I carved the seams with a razor and needle files. One of the seams covers the glue joint, so it is nearly invisible.

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. The ball is a 9/16 scale, so it is about 8" end to end. The ball blank is 2 thick pieces glued together. I carved the seams with a razor and needle files. One of the seams covers the glue joint, so it is nearly invisible.

Thanks!
Chris

Well done with the tutorial. I hope you don't mind if a borrow the football idea for a few things I would like to try. Thanks for showing and taking the time to do the photos. Well done and the winner will like it for sure.

Top Bottom