Fantastic swirly cocobolo that gave me an headache!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

I made another pen with a very unusual piece of cocobolo. Everything went fine until I assembled the cap, it was not aligned with the pen, I punched it out and did the same mistake twice.

So basically I ruined 2 plastic thingy from other kits that screw to the pen. (see image attached) Anyone know where I can get those by any chance?

So here is it, 23 coats of med, fit is flawless along with the finish, I am really satisfied of that one.

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnails,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paramount Pen

Get a tube from hobby lobby that fits through the cap from thread end and punch off the clip first then start the pen a little ways and push the plastic thingy out the clip end without the pen attached then punch out the center band with something that fits through the tube so you don't ruin any more plastic thingy's.

Buzzzz4

Beautiful. I've had luck in the past by contacting CSUSA for Jr. size threads like that. If you run stuck, I may have one in my stash.

Parson

If the kit was from Craft Supplies, they sell spare parts. That bit's called a coupler insert.

Btw, gorgeous finish!

CharlesH

If the kit was from Craft Supplies, they sell spare parts. That bit's called a coupler insert.

Btw, gorgeous finish!

Thanks,

I contacted the customer service manager, he was always nice with me. So let's see how it turns out! I will place an order while I am at it. :)

Charles

wizard

Beautiful!

Charles, You turned out another beautiful pen !!! And I was just getting back in my chair from the red sappy cocobolo :wink:. As usual, your finish is smooth and second to none. Great job!!!!...LOL..Do you have a counter to keep track of the number of coats of CA finish.??..I usually lose count after 6 coats. Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

CharlesH

Charles, You turned out another beautiful pen !!! And I was just getting back in my chair from the red sappy cocobolo :wink:. As usual, your finish is smooth and second to none. Great job!!!!...LOL..Do you have a counter to keep track of the number of coats of CA finish.??..I usually lose count after 6 coats. Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc:)

Doc,

I actually do, I usually make marks on any available surface.

Charles

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Just an FYI .. those parts are much longer than needed, and it
looks like only the end got mangled. You don't need anything past
the threads, and I think there's about 1/2" of extra plastic there.
You could part it off (or saw it off) and use the part again.

ps .. if you can't fix it, send it to me. I'll put it on my
desk and stare at the finish all day. :tongue:

CharlesH

Just an FYI .. those parts are much longer than needed, and it
looks like only the end got mangled. You don't need anything past
the threads, and I think there's about 1/2" of extra plastic there.
You could part it off (or saw it off) and use the part again.

ps .. if you can't fix it, send it to me. I'll put it on my
desk and stare at the finish all day. :tongue:

Your right regarding the plastic part but on the other end I would not feel right selling a pen with a modified part because I messed up, yes I am a picky bastard. :tongue:

Charles

Top Bottom