Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
layer it with resin? You can build up several layers of cloth impregnated
with PR until you get the thickness you want. Once it cures, cut it to size
and treat it like any other plastic.

mesquiteguy

I have done this with denim. I placed scuffed tube on small dowel so it would turn and not get glued down. CA 'd edge of fabric to tube then slowly wrapped and covered with thin ca until thick enough. Best to wear gloves while doing this. Also takes a lot of glue while turning.

USAFVET98

I use fibreglass resin. You could pick it up at home depot. Cut the shirts in strips, lay one strip down, pouar some resin and repeat until you get the thickness you want. You could use pr as well.

Mather323

I am going to try to tightly wrap the fabric around that tube with the beginning of the fabric glued to the tube with ca. When I start I will saturate the fabric in the resin and wrap it around to the desired thickness!

Chasper

I am going to try to tightly wrap the fabric around that tube with the beginning of the fabric glued to the tube with ca. When I start I will saturate the fabric in the resin and wrap it around to the desired thickness!

I've done denim that way, and I've done it by cutting strips and saturating them as I pile them up to the needed thickness. My experience is that the wrapping method is much faster. One tip you might (or might not) want to try: don't be too neat in the wrapping, leave a few wrinkles and overlaps in the fabric. It goes a lot quicker to not get overly concerned about straight and smooth, and it makes a more interesting pen blank.

Top Bottom