f/p and r/b in Huron style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

I recently saw the Huron on the Edison website and decided to try and emulate that look. Blue and bronze acrylic on the fountain pen and "Fire and Ice" acrylic with ebonite grip section on the rollerball, both from Ed at Exoticblanks. The f/p has a #5m Bock nib and feed. Virage clips on both of these.
Comments, and especially criticisms, are welcome. I'm kinda operating in a bubble so to speak, and I really value the opinions of other penmakers.
Thanks for looking!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Apairhuronstylecpd.jpg
    Apairhuronstylecpd.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Apairhuronstylecpd2.jpg
    Apairhuronstylecpd2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Apairhuronstyleuncpd.jpg
    Apairhuronstyleuncpd.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

I looked at both your posts. I much prefer the use of the tan mat as a background for your photos. The green moss interfered with the beauty of the pen, IMHO. The Purple Rain blank is really wild; I purchased a few of those blanks but haven't decided what to make with them. The finished pen is an eye grabber, for sure.

In terms of your design, I really like the way you've styled the nib section. It appears to be a more comfortable design than what we normally see in kit rollerballs. The kit nib sections feel too small (to me) in relation to the size of the overall pen. Your design appears slightly larger in diameter, which I think would be much more comfortable as a writing instrument, particularly if used for long durations.

Thanks for posting them all.

OZturner

Two Fantastic Pens John,
Your Profile and Lines are Excellent, as is your choice of Blanks.
The Virage clip looks like it was designed with these Pens in mind.
Your Superb Craftsmanship, is evidenced in both Pens.
Love them Both.
Keep them coming.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom