Exquisite Damasteel Cactus Fillet Knife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is an exquisite VineLand paterned Damasteel fillet knife with some of my Magma Red "Original Cactus Blank"™ knife scales. The knife was made by my customer and good friend, Guillaume "Gill" Cote from Cote Knives and has been donated to Penefit.org by Gill and Carol Cote to be auctioned for the Cody Colley benefit! Current bid is $200 so be sure to check it out. Click the picture to view the auction page.

Attachments

• codyknife.jpg
    codyknife.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,090
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yep, this is what I call knife making and certainly something that I would also wouldn't mind to have in my collection...!:frown:

This is a good example of a quality knife with not a lot of handle as such, I mean the material used on it that is not steel but no doubt, a quality piece of wood or something of the same effect that can make or brake a knife, even tough being only a small portion of it, most certainly your cactus casting work Curtis, matches the quality and beauty of the whole knife, indeed they complete each other...!

Cheers
George

jonrms

really really awesome....

where did you buy the two rivits / allen key bolts that go on the handle? I have been looking everywhere to get some nice one... I hate using copper as it doesnt give me the effect I am after.... plus it looks untidy.

please share your information... pleaseeeeeee :)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
John,

I did not make the knife. I made the handle material, though. I have no idea where Gill get's those parts. I do know that he makes the blades and bolster, etc, himself from raw steel stock.

BigguyZ

The pins used are called mosaic pins. You can make them yourself or buy them online. They're used in kife making as a substitute for solid pin stock.

As an aside, Bill from AS used to sell small sections of mosaic pins as "gizmos" or something. But honestly, if you like the look it's far cheaper to buy online.

jonrms

I know about the pin stocks.. that what I have been using... I have a friend who makes the blades for me and has tried a few damascus styles... some successfull some not so... but I am after trying to find a nice mosaic pin or even a allen key type version.... if anyone has any links please let me know.. pm me or what ever...

in England they are like S... on a rocking horse to find.... but I dont know which companys might ship or what ever here... worst case is I have them shipped to my sisters or my other house where my brother is at... in america.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is too nice of a knife to let it go for the current bid! I just bid on it myself! I really don't have the money and I already have one of Gill's knives but mine is not nearly as nice as this one.

Neat little tidbit on this...I contacted Gill about possibly donating a knife. He said he needed to sleep on it and would let me know the next day. The next morning I had an e-mail from him saying he talked it over with his wife and they both agree to do it. This particular knife he had set aside to be his display/show knife at an upcoming Canadian Knife Maker Guild show in February. I was blown away that he offered his top notch knife to the cause!

Top Bottom