Explain this to me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

My wife is afraid of birds, and recently we have been going to this place called Pet Paradise. It is an awesome pet store in VA Beach. They have a giant lizard that walks around the store. The birds are in bins where you can pick them up without any problem. I took Marley there one Saturday morning and we walked around looking at them, she was telling her older sister about it so we went back with them. Kelly stood back watching, now she found a Severe Macaw ($800 bird).

How does she go from being afraid to falling in love for one?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Am I the only one whose wife does this:

Usually on Wednesday evening we go to our local church service. Tonight it was still about 90° with about 90% humidity. (I'm driving.) We pull up. I shift into park. Turn the car off, unbuckle my seat belt, get out, start walking. LOML is still in the car. I turn and look. She is doing her lipstick, I am sweating already! I can't go in. I have the key fob to lock the car. I stand there another minute, she takes her seat belt off and starts to get out of the car. Finally, I can lock the car.

And then I have to go in and repent for my attitude! :eek: :biggrin:

Does your loved one take forever to get out of the car when you stop at a store? I am usually inside before she gets the door open! It is a ritual to get out of the car for her. Purse, where is it? Oh, here it is. Ugh I can't get out. Oh, My seat belt is still on. Wait, is my lipstick on? Is my hair OK? :biggrin:

thewishman

Usually on Wednesday evening we go to our local church service. Tonight it was still about 90° with about 90% humidity. (I'm driving.) We pull up. I shift into park. Turn the car off, unbuckle my seat belt, get out, start walking. LOML is still in the car. I turn and look. She is doing her lipstick, I am sweating already! I can't go in. I have the key fob to lock the car. I stand there another minute, she takes her seat belt off and starts to get out of the car. Finally, I can lock the car.

Does your loved one take forever to get out of the car when you stop at a store? I am usually inside before she gets the door open! It is a ritual to get out of the car for her. Purse, where is it? Oh, here it is. Ugh I can't get out. Oh, My seat belt is still on. Wait, is my lipstick on? Is my hair OK? :biggrin:

Hank, that's why we open their doors for them. :)

Thanks Hank Its good to find out that I'm not alone out here.

leehljp

Member Liaison

Hank, that's why we open their doors for them. :)

When we are on dates, I still do open the door for her. :) (Yes, we still "date"). But shopping, that is another story. Rain or sweltering heat, the rules change! :biggrin:

As to the "church" situation, I usually park in the handicap area closest to the church doors, at which I do open the car door for her. (Hey, I gotta let everyone see me do that. :rolleyes:) But, if the handicap area is full, I pull up next to the door, let her out and go to another spot. She doesn't go through that seatbelt, purse, hair, lipstick, ritual then. Yesterday, It was HOT, so I parked about 30 yard farther away by a tree (her suggestion) so the car would be in the shade.

When the situation changes, the rules change until we can figure it out. Aging does that to you! :biggrin:

Last edited:

edicehouse

I want to make it clear, I am not "airing dirty laundry" about my wife. I posting this knowing the answer I just wanted to give some people a good chuckle. My wife is amazing (hey she has put up with me for almost 13 years), and am lucky to have her as my partner.

K now she is gone.... Just kidding.

sbwertz

Years ago I had to sell my sweet quarterhorse stallion due to health problems. I sold him to a local man who was going to send him to Kentucky to breed to his mares there. Several months later I saw him and asked him how Spook was doing in KY. He said he was still here! It seems his wife was terrified of horses. He took spook home for several weeks before shipping him back east, and while he was there he completely bewitched his wife. She learned to ride (but only on Spook), and told him if Spook went to KY she was going with him.

Spook was one of the sweetest natured horses I ever owned. Here is a picture of him with my friend's 10 year old daughter...true love.

bpvJH42uYy0hor0I0yms-UhL2mfJjW6xKzu77DFtI-dzrquZe7KByH0nB-UJsDL1vNCBdTQoiUArFQ=w1360-h768-no

Top Bottom