Executive Snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

This is only the second snake skin pen I've made, but my boss (actual, not the wife) saw the first one and was impressed. He ordered up this one for his wife. Black Ti Executive dressed in prairie rattler with a CA buildup finish.

Thanks for lookin, C&C welcome and appreciated.
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Joe did you cast the blank yourself or is this bought??? Nice work on the pen. Snakeskin is always one of those pens that one can marvel at when done right. Thanks for showing.

betwisted

I did make the blank myself, glued the skin to the tube and let it set up good (couple hours). I then did a CA buildup on it to provide the material to turn. started with thin to fill in the small voids then went to medium to build up. built it to a little larger than what the final dimensions need to be then let it cure. I was going for overnight, but it was more like a day and a half before I got to turning it down smooth.

I believe the gray you see in the picture is a reflection from the white paper I used as a background for the photo. (I still need to work on my photo set up and skills... )

thanks again,
Joe

Top Bottom