European band help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Guys, how much should the center band on a European stick out from the cap?? Anyone able to show me a photo of this? Is the lower tube supposed to stick up into the band? It appears that there is a line on the last little bit of the band that is a "stop point" and maybe 1.3mm sticks out past the blank. Anyone have a close up photo of the band?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Guys, how much should the center band on a European stick out from the cap?? Anyone able to show me a photo of this? Is the lower tube supposed to stick up into the band? It appears that there is a line on the last little bit of the band that is a "stop point" and maybe 1.3mm sticks out past the blank. Anyone have a close up photo of the band?

You need to restate your questions. There are several pens called "European". Are you making the 7mm or 8mm? Maybe you can take pictures of what is giving you problems.

Firefyter-emt

Yea, you are right.. It's a CSUSA 7mm twist style Euro. Looking at the design, I would guess that this feature would apply to most of the styles except maybe the capped ones.

Like Blind_Squirrel said, mine overlaps the lower barrrel by about 1.3mm This is what I get if I make the tennon 3/16" (4.76mm) per the manual. There is also a line at that point on the inside of the band, is this the spot the band should slide over the tennon? It is just real tight to the lower tube and I had to put one pen back on the lathe and sand it down a bit as the lacquer was scraped off by this. (My fault, I did not check the inner diameter) It was the 1st one I did and I did not realize the band would hang down and go over the lower tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom