Euro Pencil Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I just finished turning a Euro pencil kit, for a set ordered by a customer. When I went to assemble the kit, the tip and center cartridge holder were too small for the tubes. Something is up. Anyone else have this issue with a Euro pencil kit? The pencil kit takes a larger (11/32" tube OD) as compared to the 7mm pen. Also, a different set of bushings is required. So what gives? The wierd thing is that the cap end press fit snugly inside the tube as usual. Also, the fixed bushing on attached to the cartridge holder is too wide (Daimeter) to match the end of the pen (Per the bushins size). Not even close. Also, it would not fit inside of the glue on center ring.

I am thinking I got a bad kit. The bad thing is that I paid 11.50 for that bad boy. I am going to take the whole kit back to the Woodcraft where I bought it this week and see what's up. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gc

James, I just sent you an email and pic of my euro pen/pencil kit. In case you didn't get it you can look up the pic I sent to penturners.org on May 10. You must have had a bad kit, I would take it back to woodcraft and I am sure they will replace it for you.

Fangar

Got the pic. Thanks Gary. Woodcraft here in my town is pretty good about returns. I will let you know.

Bye the way, your set looked great!

James

Randy_

Originally posted by Fangar<br />...Also, the fixed bushing on attached to the cartridge holder is too wide (Daimeter) to match the end of the pen (Per the bushins size)...Also, it would not fit inside of the glue on center ring...

Now exactly sure what all of this means; but it sounds like a good example of why one should check the parts of a kit before you turn the wood and have either a mike or a vernier caliper to be sure the wood will fit well with the hardware.

Fangar

Situation resolved. Woodcraft gladly swaped out the parts in error. The center cartidge holder and tip were the wrong ones completely. Thanks to those that offered sggestions.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom