ER32 Collet Uses...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

I am probably a little behind the curve on this use, I am sure I am not the first one to think of it but...

Since the collets do not leave much of a mark on a cylinder then make a great pen dis-assembly holding fixture. I had been using a series of wood and UHMW blocks with variety of holes. There is even one block someplace(couldn't find it for the pic) that I have a saw kerf through the center of a hole so that I could put a clamp on it and hold a barrel.

Two days ago I was dis-assembling a New Series barrel to sand down the ends a little more due to slight oversizing. I didn't have the right size hole in my block of wood. On my way to the drill press to drill another hole I noticed my ER32 collet on the lathe with the collet in it that had been spinning this same barrel not an hour ago. All of a sudden there was this big flash of light and loud clap of thunder(honest there was) and then this Duhh sound.:redface: ...Well... you know the rest.:rolleyes: To paraphrase an old saying "The impossible is impossible but the obvious is harder".

IMG_5575.jpg IMG_5573.jpg

Top Bottom