er-32 collet sizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy some collets. I am aware of most of the collets that I will/should get but does anyone out there use collets under 1/4"? What would typical uses be for these smaller ones. I don't want to buy something that will just collect dust but if I will need it I want to get it now. I have enough tools collecting dust as it is:( I read the thread about Beall vs Axminster collet chucks and I didn't really see sizes under 1/4" mentioned.
Thanks for your opinions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I cannot think of any reason you would need less than a 3/16" and I'm hard pressed to find a reason for that one. The ER-32 is used a lot in CNC machining centers which need to hold small diameter cutters. I think 1/4" would be a goos start size and if you need a smaller one they can be had for a reasonable price if you shop around.

btboone

I use them in my CNC machining center and lathe. I hold drills with them a lot. I also have the smaller ones, I think they're ER-16.

vick

The hole goes through and an A mandrel will fit in a 1/4 inch collet.

edit in -- regarding the hole goes through --
This applies to collets I got from H & H industries, and Enco. All the er-32 collets I have seen go through, but you might want to make sure before you buy.

its_virgil

All of you seeking ER-32 collets for your Beall chuck should go to ebay and take a look. There are quite a few sets, from 5 collets to full sets. Some include the R8 chuck,ohters come with an #3MT chuck, and others are chuckless... just the collets. The chucks we can't use but we can sell them to some who can. I suppose the #3MT chuck could be used with a #2 to #3 adapter, but not sure. Steve(Borg_B_Borg) and I have both just obtained sets there at a very reasonalbe price. I paid $8 per collet in my deal and if I sell the R8 chuck I will have the collets for even less. The size for the axminster are also available. Go to ebay and search on ER-32 collets and have fun.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Sorry JIm,
We should start a list of those of you who need them..(Steve and I have ours [:D]) and take turns so we don't bid against each other. I didn't even think that by posting that info I would be creating a 'pickle' of a bidding frenzy for ER32 collets.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Don't tell people that Don! Now I'll have competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom