Environ blanks...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgray

Anyone use these?

I searched the forum and found one pen done in the granite color (I think).

I wasn't super impressed, but I did order one blank in the Lapis color...looks to be the best of a mediocre bunch.

For only $3.50, I thought I'd give it a shot. Might be disappointing...anyone with experience with this stuff?

Thanks.

bg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I just tried a search.I KNOW there was someone who posted about these when I first registered witht he IAP but they are not in the Archives.IIRC it was the creator of the blanks.
I wish I could purchase a set of the archived posts.It wpouls be a great resource.Often I have searched for posts that I KNOW exist and cannot find them

alamocdc

Originally posted by angboy
<br />Here's a link from one Billy did and put in SOYP. There's one in my album on page 16 of my main album. I like them.

Angela, you forgot the link. I got six different colors when I got mine. I like turning it, and like the look of some more than others. I contacted the manufacturer about bying it in sheet form, but they told me that they had temporarily suspended production and didn't know when they would begin again.

TAld

Eagle
I think that is a GREAT idea!! I would also be interested in purchasing them if they could make them available at a reasonable cost. Maybe one of the moderators could chime in and let us know if they are still available. Would anyone else be interested[?]

punkinn

I tried a lapis one and wasn't impressed at all. It felt sort of like fiberboard to me; softish, inconsistent and (pardon the expression) cheap. I didn't care for the surface feel when finished either. I can't find the photo of it... dang. Sorry for that. I wouldn't buy it again, but that's just me.

Nancy

clewless

I made three of them as euros. The "tree hugger" customers sucked them up immediately so I've ordered 5 more blanks. They turn easily because they are very uniform in consistency. With CA, I got a satin finish on them.

One time Alice Call had a recycled blank included with some Corian. It was milk bottles, soda caps and a few aluminum shreds...finished to a matt "shine"... sold immediately...Alice didn't recall where it came from...too bad.[:(]

I've only done one or two... my son had a few blanks in his stash when he stopped turning pens a couple years back... I have one left in a Polaris style.. Not really an impressive blank.
2006122035525_PL-PS-ENVG%20%20POLARIS%20PEN.jpg
<br />

The photo doesn't it any good either.

rduncan

I bought a set of 7 from a seller on eBay. Just received a snow "storm" yesterday and temps dropped so I may not be in my Garage/shop/studio for the next day or so to turn them. Still deciding on what pen style to use them on.

Rick
Albuquerque, NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom