Engraving Sources

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

Can anyone please list members of IAP who provide engraving services.
My source here in PA has closed down.

Thanks

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

epson

I have used both. You won't be dissapointed with either. They both have prices for penturners that you can't beat, plus they are very familiar with penturning. I know there are others but I can't think of them offhand.

Dario

Can't find the link at the home page but just for idea, how much should I expect to pay for engraving of name, single line, regular font for say 10 pens?

Another is...if I have 20 pens to be engraved with same word say "Go Spurs!" how much will it be?

I won't hold you on this just a ballpark figure will do.

Thanks!

JimGo

Dario, try E-mailing them directly; that's the best way to get pricing. Ken is Laserturner, and Mike and Jen are JenAminson. From what I hear, both do excellent work. My order from Mike and Jen should be here tomorrow or Monday, so then I'll be able to speak about them from personal experience, but 'till then, I can only speak to the pictures of their work I've seen here, and the things some local pen turners have had done by them. I have one of Ken Nelson's stars and stripes pen kits (will be gluing it tonight, hopefully!) and I can tell you that the detail work there is impressive. I would expect his other work to be of at least the same caliber, although I haven't used him for any work yet.

Good luck!

Dario

Originally posted by coach
<br />Dario,
You plan on selling those pens on Southwest Military Drive by the road on Saturdays? You can set up next to the tints with the t-shirts! [:D]

LOL...I wish my Saturdays are FREE like that but alas no. It just sounded nice to type at the moment and may just be the hook I need (an accidental find?). The original idea is being kept for now...don't want to share all of it just yet [;)]

jenamison

Hey Dario, just to let you know our prices for members. $2 per side for one line of text and/or logo and if you want colorfill it's $3. We engrave same day received "on most" and ship back to you the next day either priority ($3.85) or standard ($1.85). Drop us a line if we can do anything for ya.

Dario

Mike/Jen,

I will surely contact you if and when my plan materializes.

Any discount if I send you 10 pens and the word to be engraved are all the same? It will be about 8-10 characters long...in single line.

Thanks!

low_48

I'll speak up here for Mike and Jen. They are using a machine that costs at least $9000 and probably more. The CO2 laser deteriates a little with each burn. It takes alot of burn time, but when the laser needs a recharge it costs over $1500 for that. It takes just a minute or two for the artwork and a minute or two for the burn. But, they must also take some time to work with the mail for opening and repackaging you pens. They could have at least 6 or 7 minutes total on a job. If Jen quotes a price less than $3 you are getting a real bargain!! That is probably less than $30 an hour with at least $10,000 overhead. If they get a few pens with the same name they can start to make a little money. At one or two pens they make very little. Asking for any discount makes it really tough! No intention of picking on anyone, just trying to help with a little education on the subject.

jenamison

That's correct. For nonmembers my fees are around $10 for pens. So the $2 is a discount in itself and that's for 1-1000 pens. Thanks for mentioning that for me Richard, I retired to bed kinda early last night. Let me know if your interested Dario by email, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom