English Yew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

talbot

I have some English Yew which I cut into blanks,,Slimline length and Sierra lengths.All approx 3/4" sq.
My hope is that I'll be able to trade these with you guys over there, Im based in the UK.
I will of course post some photos in the other part of the forum if/ when required.
Here's what I want to offer.

In total I've got about 70 blanks of both sizes all of which appear to be free of checks etc.
Plenty of variation ranging from a little sap wood thorough to heartwood. Also a load of pith wood thats got visible checks and cracks but also some beautiful pattern. These I would include free as with a bit of care or even stabilising would produce some stunning pens.
Ive posted a test shot on 'testing 123' just to get used to the process of posting pics, These are some of the blanks that would be on offer.

Im after some acrylic and resin blanks that I cant find in the UK but which you guys seem to have in abundance.
I propose offering 2 Yew blanks for one acrylic but before I go to the next stage of taking proper pics and working out the details I was hoping for initial feedback and even ideas on how best to manage the trade.

I would of course post first to US on each occasion as I appreciate Im a new guy here and nobody knows me. I think Id prefer multiple deals as my P&P costs could get quite high.

Anyhow is this something that would be taken up or would I be wasting my time and yours?
Your comments are appreciated.
Kind regards
talbot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Hi Talbot. What a coincidence! I've been searching for some top grade yew. As a matter of fact, I made a post in the Classifieds looking for some. I sent a pm.

talbot

I think this could be possible.
The sort of blanks Im interestd in are
Blue crushed velvet, as per a previous post on the forum
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=733075#post733075
Serpentine Acrylic blanks , as per a previous post also on the forum http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1686&d=1221060819
Possibly Bakelite with intertesting colour.
Tortoishell type patterns
Black with hint of white marbleing or white with black marble effect
White, but not alt ivory as ive got access to that that.
I like this sort of pattern:http://www.simcom.on.ca/woodbin/images/pen cases/AA NEW.jpg
Hope the above has given an idea of the sort of patterns That Im interestd in.
Please keep replying and thanks to those who have already responded Im keeping careful note of the order the replies came in.
regards, talbot

talbot

How about buying acrylics from the UK, a good place to start would be here.
Acrylic blanks.

Hi Mark,
I wasnt aware of him, hes got a couple I like but the blanks that really interest me all come from the US which is why I made the suggestion.
Also, Ive got a bit of yew at various stages so Im happy to swap it with fellow turners.
regards, talbot.

Top Bottom