English Oak Burl With Crushed Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Sedona Fountain Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tradinpost

tradinpost

This is a Black Titanium Sedona Style Fountain Pen with a Gold Plated Medium Iridium Nib, made from a Very Special English Oak Burl pen blank, with numerous voids & inclusions! I made this pen by special request, as a token of appreciation for 1 of the Best Wood Suppliers on E-bay (SDC Woodworking) & when I asked if he had any special wood he would like a pen made from, this is what I got! I've used about every wood there is, but I've never found anything close to this, to satisfy my inlay addiction, I'm developing! Lol? I choose some Sleeping Beauty Turquoise nuggets for its bright blue coloration, I then hand crushed & filtered into 3 usable sizes, with the largest for the bands & down to a very fine powder to use to inlay the small inclusions! This is a very time consuming process, but I think the result is well worth the extra effort! The pen has 8 layers of CA glue for a very durable finish, & then was slow speed buffed thru a 3 step polishing process, with a final carnuba wax buffed finish! & then, I hand-rubbed the whole pen with a special museum wax as a final sealer! My pics don't do this pen justice, due to the very high gloss reflections! Let me know what you think! Thanx rr neely!

Attachments

• P6170010m.jpg
    P6170010m.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 489
  • P6170001m.jpg
    P6170001m.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 441
  • P6170003m.jpg
    P6170003m.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 227
  • P6170006m.jpg
    P6170006m.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 266
  • P6170008m.jpg
    P6170008m.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 600
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tradinpost

hey thanx for the comments!

hey thanx for your compliments, thats lika music to my ears for all the time & money ive spent supporting my addiction for wood working! lol! ive been working with wood for bout 20-25 years & ive made a large variety of items, but pens are getting addictive! but my addiction to inlay is getting worse! reckon they hava piaa ( pen inlay addiction anonymous?) lol! hey thanx again! ron neely! :rolleyes: sorry gotta go, i hava some wood drying in the microwave & its smellin lika it mite be dry!

Top Bottom