Enduro ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tom,

It is only available from Compliant Systems. I have information on Enduro that has bounced around for awhile. PM me an email address and I will send you some links and directions.

bnoles

Tom,

Here is the process and some good reading

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=8321

Tea Clipper

Oh, it's a water based laquer finish that I really enjoy because there are no fumes but the down side is that it takes time to cure. I give it a full week to cure.

Mikey

Just saw this and thought I would add to what's been said.

Endure or the makers, Compliant Spray Systems was bought out by General Finishes. -the same poeple who make the Arm R Seal and other finishes you find at Rockler and Woodcraft. Many members here originally bought their 2 can sampler set that consisted of a quart of sealer and a quart of Enduro for something like $35 with shipping. Since GF now owns Enduro, I called to see what the new pricing would be. I was told that the quart containers are no longer being offered and that you must buy either gallon or 5 gallon sizes. The price for a gallon is somewhere around $50 plus shipping, so the sampler sets would probably be well worth it.

As far as cure time, I have only had to wait a day or so and never had a problem with sanding. It may be that I'm doing it when it's very low humidity in the winter also.

Tea Clipper

I have been discussing a deal with Ernie of Bear Tooth Woods, and he has agreed to start carring larger sizes of Enduro for those who want more than 2 oz. This is great news, because a gallon of Enduro is just far too much. We had been discussing 8 oz and 16 oz, but no pricing info just yet. Drop Ernie an email to discuss what size you would be interested in.

jacurl

I have found another source for the Enduro finish. They are my local shop here, but they sell it in quantities of 4, 8 and 16 oz. The prices are 8.00, 25.00 and 30.00 I believe. They have the sanding sealer, and all of the gloss types. You can reach them at (615)-860-9001 or sales@thewoodworkersshoppe.com. They said they would be fine with shipping it if you want to order from them. I love this finish. It was clean and easy. Did have to be a little patient with it.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom