Enduro on a PR / Burl segment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tdibiasio

Hello,

I was turning an PR blank this weekend for a sierra kit and had a catch that blew out the end of the blank. I rescued the blank by cutting down both ends of the tube and glued on some ambonia segments. My question is one of finishing - for wood blanks I finish with Enduro and have come to follow the general procedure for applying this finish and am happy with the results. For PR, I usually wet sand through MM12000 and then use a plastic polish or brasso for a final shine.

The question I have is what should I use to finish this combined blank - Can I use Enduro on the whole blank after wet sanding through MM12000? Or should I simply apply some Ren. Wax to the entire blank after bringing the PR through my normal routine?

Any guidance would be appreciated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I have a pen that is acrylic, aluminum and Koa. I used my plexi finish on it. I may have done a skim coat of thin CA first, can't remember.

Hybrid blank

Had a rattlesnake blank to blow out on a Sierra tube.:mad: I turned it down to the brass tube to even things up. I added a piece of mesquite with an ebony band to that end. :confused: After I had everything turned back to shape I dry sanded from 400/WD through 12000MM. I put 5 coats of thin CA on the wood and resanded. When it was all said and done it looked as if the wood had been cast with the acrylic. I was extremely pleased with my first attempt at a hybrid blank.:):):) I didn't have a clue if I was doing the right thing or not I just took a shot at it. Go for it!:good:

Top Bottom