Emperor - Good or Bad ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

Just finished this Emperor in a closed end design at the request of a customer. I don't know whether I like the closed design or not, so any comments on it would be appreciated. It 's already sold so I won't be stuck with a pen that I can't sell.

Thanks, Lance

20062822137_emperor.jpg

200628221338_emperor1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

I'd say it's a babe. I've been considering the same thing but have a hard time throwing away what probably amounts to a $10 section of the pen. If I'm payin $50 for a kit, I want people to see all $50 worth of parts. Thats the cheap side. The other side says shut up and make a closed end Emperor. Great job!

gerryr

Excellent job, Lance. That really looks good. I think I like it better than the standard also. Maybe we could get CSUSA to sell a version just for closed end pens?[:D]

PatLawson

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />Just finished this Emperor in a closed end design...

Lance,
When I read your description, (and before I looked at the photo), I was cringing at the very thought [:)] and was prepared to NOT like it. But when I saw the photo I was very surprised and amazed - I think it looks fantastic! Quite elegant and very beautiful.

Pat L.

Laguna Beach, CA USA
http://PensByPatricia.com/NewPens

LanceD

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Lance,
Very nice pen! What material is that?[:D]

It's Berea's acrylic acetate no. AA-25 solid black. It's only 3/4" and not much room to spare when drilling [xx(].
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I wasn't too sure about it but I think i'll do another one in the near future, maybe out of alternative ivory.

Lance

chigdon

I think it is great as well. I have to echo the idea that I would hate to toss such an expensive and detailed part but really like the way this looks.

Mikey

Originally posted by PatLawson
<br />
Originally posted by LanceD
<br />Just finished this Emperor in a closed end design...

Lance,
When I read your description, (and before I looked at the photo), I was cringing at the very thought [:)] and was prepared to NOT like it. But when I saw the photo I was very surprised and amazed - I think it looks fantastic! Quite elegant and very beautiful.

Pat L.

Laguna Beach, CA USA
http://PensByPatricia.com/NewPens

LOL, me too. I thought "What a waste of money and resources to mutilate a nice looking pen" I must say that it turned out great! Probably a bit lighter than a standard Emporer as well.

BigRob777

I've never been a fan of closed end pens, until now. That is spectacular. I love the shape. Of course, I am hooked on wood, but your choice of materials really works!.
Rob

LanceD

I want to thank everyone for all of the nice comments on the design and shape of the pen. I kinda hated to eliminate a decorative part of the pen but as I see now it reallt doesn't make a whole lot of difference on the look of it. It's also a good bit lighter in the hand and real comfortable writing with it.
On another GOOD note, my customer wound up giving it away to one of his best customers (he's a salesman for a large oilfield company) and asked me to make two more identical to it and has ordered a few Barons in the closed end design.
I'm really GLAD I DID THIS ONE[:D][:D].

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom