Emperor Dressed in Herringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tanner

Tanner

I picked the Emperor for the Herringbone as it called for a nice kit. I may switch out the roller ball for a fountain pen. I was scared I was going to have pieces flying everywhere, but Neil Pabia did an awesome job on making the blank. I got it through Exotics. I don't know if I have the picture thing down yet. I get frustrated with all the settings. I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Emperor Herringbone.jpg
    Emperor Herringbone.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That is a BEAUTIFUL pen!!

(Much to my surprise--I would have expected it to be too busy -- but it looks great!!)

Nice finish too, Tim!

Last edited:

glycerine

That's a beauty! Neil, you're doing a great job on those blanks and Tim, you did a great job turning it into a work of art!

bitshird

Very nice pen, I've wondered what a 360 would look like on an Emperor or Jr Emperor, now I know they look Fantastic, Neil is getting better on those blanks, it's hard to believe, but they do and I'm glad to see Ed stocking them so we less talented turners can get our grubby hand on them, Nice job Tim I love it!!

Tanner

Thanks for the kind words everyone. But really Neil is the artist, drilled perfectly center with my Paul Huffman vise and I follow Russ Fairfield's CA finish technique. I use the Woodchuck Pen Pro, the thing is sharp. Ed is kind enough to carry these at www.exoticblanks.com. So a lot of people went into making this pen.

broitblat

Beautifully done. Great combination of woods nicely paired with that kit. Outstanding fit and finish to give it a deep, classy lustre. That pen belong on a big, fancy mahogony desk :)

-Barry

Top Bottom