Emperor ?? Burl ......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penmanship

penmanship

I recently purchases a few of these blanks from Eugene ( aka ElMostro), but cannot remember what the wood is....:redface: I hope Eugene reads this, or someone can ID it for me.
This is what I ended up making with one of the blanks ~ how'd I do?

Thanks for any assistance,
Tim

Attachments

• DSCF1683.jpg
    DSCF1683.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 315
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wolfdancer

Banned
I recently purchases a few of these blanks from Eugene ( aka ElMostro), but cannot remember what the wood is....:redface: I hope Eugene reads this, or someone can ID it for me.

Tim

Hello Tim
Johnnycnc got it right. It is Jarrah Burl I had a bunch that I was going to through out but I sent it to Eugene instead. Yes it was my wood. That is a very nice pen by the way.

penmanship

Excellent ~ Thanks for clearing that up Rodney & Johnny for the origianl post. I'm good with it either way ~ I think it looks sharp which ever wood it is.

Tim

Hello Tim
Johnnycnc got it right. It is Jarrah Burl I had a bunch that I was going to through out but I sent it to Eugene instead. Yes it was my wood. That is a very nice pen by the way.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
12.jpg

Looks like one of these. He referred to them as "Cracked Burl", kinda looks like Jarrah Burl to me but maybe Eugene will remember for sure.

robutacion

Geezzz....:eek:, how many more big "smiles" can a pen blank give?????

Like most castings, you can't never tell how it's going to come out until, it comes out...!:wink: nice one:biggrin:!

Cheers
George

Rifleman1776

Well done and an interesting effect with that wood and colored filler.
I probably would have chosen gold for that blank. But, then..... I choose gold for almost everything. Personal taste I guess.

Bree

Great looking pen. Real good job on it!

My first thought was that looks like dark Jarrah... cuz I have about 30 of those blanks and they have those cracks and crevices. One day I will get my pressure pot working and get those Jarrah burl pieces stabilized like you have there... one of these days!! LOL!
:eek::eek::eek:

ElMostro

I almost miss this one, Rodney and Johnny got it correct it is "Jarrah Burl". That turned out BEE-U-TIFUL! Thanks for posting.
Eugene.

Tim

Top Bottom