Elegant Sierra Beauty Button Click Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

latelearner

Has anybody experienced any problems with the button click mechanism on these kits? I ordered two of them and neither one will work. I made double sure my blanks were exactly the right length and followed the brief instructions to the letter, but to no avail. I think at 15 bucks a pop the quality needs to be a little better. These came from a well known dealer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Click Click

I have built quite a lot of these and have had no problems that I know of. Be sure that the small extension is well seated in the fill tube and check the spring

Wildman

Berea Hardwoods Elegant and Elegant Beauty Sierra Button Click Pen

http://www.bereahardwoods.com/price/kits/pdf/Elegant Sierra.pdf

When doing step number one; press finial/button click assembly into one end of tube. Would use a homemade space block, omitted from instructions.

Drill a hole in a wooden block just large enough and deep enough to receive the clicker button. This will place the pressing force on the finial shoulder.

IF YOU PRESS ON THE CLICKER BUTTON, YOU WILL DESTROY THE CLICKER MECHANISM!

Might be worth an e-mail to vendor, for clarification.

Checkout these instructions
Berea Hardwoods Sierra Button Click Pen (Berea #7502)

1. Press the finial/button click assembly into one end of your finished blank. It
is important to use a block of wood, or other material, with a hole drilled to
allow the button on the click assembly to pass through. This will allow the
pressing force to be placed on the finial and NOT on the button. Pressing on
the button itself will damage the button click mechanism.

Last edited:

ken c

I have experienced several failures as of late with these pens. Some failures occurred on arrival of the kits and I just got a return from a pen that has been in service for only a couple of months. All but one failure is the same. The primary failure is that the button gets stuck in the depressed position (as is the case in today's return) the lone failure was that the button would not detent to the depressed position. maybe I am unlucky as this thread is the first information google found on "sierra button click problems".

Last edited:

Hubert H

Yes, I have had problems. Took care of the problem. No longer try to make them.

"When doing step number one; press finial/button click assembly into one end of tube. Would use a homemade space block" I did this - I was very careful.

Top Bottom