El Toro drill bit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

samuel07

Are we off and running again?

Forgive me, I'm confused.[:)][:)]

I purchased an El Toro FP kit and I thought I had the right bits. I went to WC yesterday and they dont have a 35/64 but they do have a 14MM. I don't think Lowes or HD will have one.

gerryr

Compare the measurements of the tube and the 14mm bit with calipers. If the bit is 0.004"-0.010" larger you should be fine.

Firefyter-emt

Samuel, kinda a hot topic latley. My opinion is that due to minor "flaws" in drill bit sizes, the best thing is to use a set of calipers and measure your tube compared to the drill bit. I have even been known to make a "test hole" if I want to be really fussy.

A 35/64" bit is 13.891mm (or should be) so the 14mm should be ok, but it depends if your hole drilled runs high or low based on drill run out, bit size ect..

Damn, I just ordered one of these kits and now I have to go find a larger bit too! I only go up to 13mm in my large metric set. Dangit! I already have to find that monster bit for the Gent. I bought last week! So far everywhere I look they want twice as much as CSUSA for anything even close. [:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom