El Presidente kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nothing fancy:redface: I just couldn't think up anything weird today:biggrin:
Blue and white segmented PR on an El Presidente kit.
I think these kits have got to be the most peculiar of all the kits. The cap tapers towards the clip and the finial end of the pen is fatter than the nib end. The tenon needed on the cap is why I reckon we don't see too many of them. I'm not sure if I like the kit or not yet:confused:

Attachments

• ElPres1.jpg
    ElPres1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 334
  • ElPres2.jpg
    ElPres2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

OMG!!! Who are you and what have you done with our beloved 'Rat?!

Nice to know you can come down to our level once in a while. Beautiful pen.

akbar24601

Very nice Steven! I like the simple elegance of the design and the stark contrast in colors! They don't all have to be pens that make us all want to go crawl back under our rocks and forget that we ever thought that trying to make pens was a "good" idea!!!

mickr

stunning simple and striking..sure this isn't rugrat? HAHA hate those kits, and I can't sell one...

Ligget

Steven I have never tried to make one of those kits yet, and you are correct that there are very few shown on the forums, you certainly made it look classy with the colours and segment running through it, looks great from up here. :cool::)

I bet your post will make a few penturners buy some of those kits! LOL :biggrin:

Winchester, Hampshire. SO22 5LB, United Kingdom.
Steven I have never tried to make one of those kits yet, and you are correct that there are very few shown on the forums, you certainly made it look classy with the colours and segment running through it, looks great from up here. :cool::)

I bet your post will make a few penturners buy some of those kits! LOL :biggrin:
Hi Skippy,
Nice work but b***** awful kit. I'm with Mark and have no desire to use that kit.:eek:
Ian

PR_Princess

I just couldn't think up anything weird today:biggrin:

Don't worry I am sure some weird thoughts will return to you soon. After all the Rat without weird thoughts is like well... Charlie making sense, or Ed typing all in lower case. It just ain't goin' happen for long. :wink:

BTW I do like the segmenting you did on this one Steven! That sweeping fluid line is simple and clean looking. I think that it helps make the kit look slimmer too. Nice job!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

JohnU

I like the blank and what you've done with it, but I m not sure about the thickness of the pen body compaired to the finial and tip. You did it well, with what they gave you to work with.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Forgot to ask..Did you make your wave with your new scroll saw? Which saw did you purchase?

I wish!!!! :mad: Remember that I bought it under your recommendation? :wink:
I must be very heavy handed and still need to learn how to use it. I've done nothing except break blades so far.:redface::biggrin: I got the Axminster / Jet VS model that takes both types of blades. Nice sturdy machine but has aluminium base and not the prefered cast iron. Maybe by the next IAP BB, I'll get the hang of it.:wink:

workinforwood

All typical responses of a new scroll saw owner. I've heard good things about that saw. You'll figure it out. A bit over tensioned is better than less. Not enough tension is more likely to break a blade. Just because they make blades as small as 8/0, doesn't mean go buy them. #5 and #9 skippy blades are what I use the most. You'll be the new master before you know it!

GouletPens

I'm not a fan of that kit at all, but you sure did put some nice lipstick on that pig. Even your 'boring' pens are nicer than most! I always love seeing what you make.

Top Bottom