El Mostro's Labratory (with Pics)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Ok, excuse the mess but in normally looks worse. Here are a few pics of "The Lab" where I do most of my casting work.

First up is the main work area, this is where I do most of the mixing (the counter in normaly clear but I just finished sorting out some lots). You can see on the shelf some of the tints and dyes I use.
DSC03915_640x480.jpg

DSC03917_640x480.jpg

Next is the right side of the counter, this is where I normaly prep the blanks and stash blanks ready to be casted, and sometimes put some of the completed blanks.
DSC03916_640x480.jpg

DSC03924_640x480.jpg

Next is where I keep all the "Secret" recipies (On shelf along wall) and on the bench top you can see some blocks that have not been cut yet.
DSC03918_640x480.jpg

DSC03919_640x480.jpg

Next are areas around the shop (pretty much any ampty space) where I can store "Future Amalgam-mutts". Some of you that have sent me stuff may recognize them.
DSC03921_640x480.jpg

DSC03922_640x480.jpg

And finally, to of four pressure pots, you can also see the small (and very loud) compressor and the Vacuum pump next to it.
DSC03923_640x480.jpg

Thanks for looking, Eugene.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Nice set up! Do you turn also? Got a question(s), you have both pressure and vacumn, when do you use which? Is one better than the other?

One more comment, you are entirelly to organized to be having fun!!:D

bitshird

Nice set up Eugene, I wish my shop was that organized,although I did find a floor and two jewelers benches hiding under my lathe and PR junk:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

fernhills

Gee Eugene,you are a regular Frankinstine,somebody walks in your lab they probably get casted,,alive!! I really like your stuff,thats for sure,, Carl

PaulDoug

Originally posted by Darley

Very nice and tidy you should see my work shop ( a cat couldn't find is kitten) :D now did you pintch the kitchen bench?[:p]:D

were is the dust????;)

I got couple once, knew people that were getting new cabinet put in and I asked if I could haul off the old ones for them. Got them in my garage and my basement workshop. Might ask a cabinet maker if they ever need any old one hauled off when they put in new for someone.

ElMostro

Originally posted by PaulDoug

Nice set up! Do you turn also? Got a question(s), you have both pressure and vacumn, when do you use which? Is one better than the other?

One more comment, you are entirelly to organized to be having fun!!:D

Paul, the vac pump I use mainly for veneer flat work. Although I have used Vac for casting and stabilizing I prefer pressure. I have used vac to stabilize with acetone-plexi and poly mixes but to me the mess is not worth it (the vac makes the mix bubble and makes a mess in the pressure pot). For mixes where I use DN alcohol I use the vac first then switch to pressure.

Yes, I also turn pens but have more fun making blanks for others to turn.
Eugene

workinforwood

Wish I missed this thread. Jealousy is certainly the appropriate word! I think the jar top left is vampire blood. Send me that box of moist and meaty. You have so many dyes and blanks. WOW [:0][:p]

I have more of those Dora the Explorer cups if you need some, lol.

Top Bottom