El Grande vs. Ligero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Russell

Both these kits appear to be about the same. I have made quite a few El Grandes but no Ligeros.

Would someone that has made both care to comment on the differences? Is the final blank wall thickness about the same? Would you favor one over the other and why?

PenWorks

I can't comment on the wall thickness off the top of my head. I make mostly the Ligero's. I think the trim rings are nicer. The nib front section has the threads for the cap to screw on vs. a coupler. Clip is the same and I believe the tubes are as well.The end cap is a touch fatter and the cap does not post.

wayneis

I've done quite a few of each and still do. The El Grande is probably still my favorite because there are more options. Out of all of them my two favorits would be the El Grande Streamline and the new Churchill. The Streamline is a little more work because you have to drill two different holes in the cap barrel but I've never had any trouble doing it and the tapered cap is well worth the extra work in my opinion. I also like the option of adding the customers initials in the finial, that has been very popular.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom