Ebony Havana --Do I really Have to Give This Up?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Johnathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

I turned this pen about two months ago and for some reason fell in love with it. I'm glad that I was able to take this picture before it goes to it's new home. The picture isn't the best but it is so much nicer than my last ones. I have gone to 1000 watts and replaced my off-white background to snow white to help show off the pens more. When someone has a chance I'd love to know how the heck I download a photo right to the post. I keep having to download into my album first. When I click onto the insert image button it just puts a couple things on the screen, what do I do from there? Thanks for the help as always. Let me know what you think. This is a CSUSA "little" Havana with ebony.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Originally posted by sptfr43
<br />Very nice job! one question, how is the stone held in the clip? do they glue it in?

Yes, I'm sure some type of quick epoxy. They come that way so I can't say for sure but almost possitive it would be some type of glue.

Fangar

Nice looking pen Johnathan.

To embed an image into a post:

Go to your photo album where you have it uploaded. Expand the photo to full size by clicking on it. Right click on the image and select "Properties". Highlight the image location with the mouse and copy it to the clipboard. Then paste that link string into your post between the following tags:

[.img]...penturners.org/albums...etc.jpg[./img]

Remove the .'s from the tags and the photo will embed into the post. (I had to place the .'s in the tags to confuse the software so the string would appear.

This is what you will have:

Ebony%20Havana.jpg

I use Firefox. For others that use Firefox, all you have to is right click and select "Copy Image Location". my old version of IE does not work that way.

Cheers,

Fangar

Ron Mc

Very elegant pen! I really am starting to like the darker woods.
I've never made a little Havana so if this is a stupid question just laugh and type an answer when you catch your breath.
Do these kits come with that clip?

Randy_

Nice pen, nice picture! Sure hope you don't have a problem with the wood cracking. Ebony has a bad rep.....problems show up even 6 months after a pen has been finished. Good luck.

PenWorks

Great looking pen Johnathan, I like the little bead on the cap as well.
Glad you didn't read my polymer clay fill [:D]
Thanks James, I hate having to click on Johnathan's pictures to see them. [:)]
And oh yes, that pen would look better with a Penchetta nib [:p]

Johnathan

Thank you all for your comments. To answer a couple of questions.
1) Yes, Anthony's solid gold nib would work on this.
2) You can get this clip with the crystal for a little extra $ at CSUSA

csb333

That looks excellent! A great choice of wood for that pen kit. I called a friend of mine the other night to tell him to look at it and I told him "he needed to look at the website and in particular a Havana" and he said "you mean the Ebony one?" Thats how good looking it is- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom