Ebony and Holly Zoot Suit Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jason Swanson

Jason Swanson

Here it is folks! The Zoot Suit Pen made from Gabon Ebony and Holly. It is a Woodcraft Navigator Kit with a CA finish. I would've gotten this pen turned last week when I glued the blanks but I've been quite busy with other projects. I finally got a chance to turn this last night around 2AM. Comments / critiques always welcome... Jason

Attachments

• ZootSuitPenWeb.JPG
    ZootSuitPenWeb.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 574
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I bet Derek Jeter would like that one. Very nice pen and I really like how you lined up the stripes.

PaulSF

Really excellent! Now what the heck are you doing handling sharp tools and a machine spinning at 1500 rpm at 2 in the morning???

Chief Hill

Beautiful job. I have always had issues with Ebony cracking over time. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does not happen with this one.

Jason Swanson

Thanks everyone for the comments! I sure wish I had a cheaper source for Ebony - the stuff is quite expensive. I'm currently working on a few more Ebony and Holly glue-ups and will post pics of them as I get them done... Jason

wizard

Beautiful pen !!! I made a pen from one of your Stripe Tease blanks from Exotic Blanks and it came out great. You are truly a gifted craftsman.

Top Bottom