Ebonite Little Sicily

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

This Ebonite blank I call yellow brown swirl. I was sent just a small 4 1/4 inch piece as a sample and am undecided if I like it or not. All comments welcome.

IMG_1792-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

I agree with Rob, i think the blank has some nice figure to it ( can we say that about synthetics?) but that pen type too much out of proportion for me (and my hands)

mrcook4570

I like the blank, although my personal taste would have been to pair it with silver accents. I am not a fan of the pimp stone in the clip.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I think the blank would look better on a fuller (for lack of a better word) kit. As others have already stated, it just doesn't go with that kit.

Don-------Aaron at LauLau woods has the Lil Havana.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Agree.. a more substantial size pen would show off the material better.
But if you're making a Little Sicily, might as well dress it right...

OKLAHOMAN

For those of you that say this pen won't fit your hand it's to stubby. When posted it's actually larger than an Emperor and just as large around. The selling points are that it's a small pen in your pocket and a large pen when used. I agree on the pimp crystal, I have been trying to get Aaron to order it with out. The reason I used the Little Sicily is that I only had a rod that was 4 1/2 inches long and the Sicily is the only pen in my inventory that would fit. Here is a picture of both this pen and a Emperor for size comparisons, actually has a great balance and fits in a womans pocketbook and mans shirt pocket.

IMG_1793-1.jpg

beck3906

Knowing that you make upper end items, I think you did well using the 4.25 inch blank with this kit. I also see you have a Heritance nib installed. :):)

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ebonite is my favorite materials for pens. It has a wonderful feel. That being said, I too have a supply of the yellow, blue and red swirl. Just my taste, but I prefer the solids to the swirls and the yellow happens to be my least favorite. However, it does seem to work with this kit better than others I have seen and should find a good home. As always, well done.

Top Bottom