ebonite group buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

watch_art

Just moved $1680 into my bank account to get ready to pay the ebonite man.

Saturday is the last day to get in on this. THe quicker all pay up the quicker I can make the order.

Cheers!
And thanks a lot everybody!
:)

Rich L

Just moved $1680 into my bank account to get ready to pay the ebonite man.

Saturday is the last day to get in on this. THe quicker all pay up the quicker I can make the order.

Cheers!
And thanks a lot everybody!

Hey Shawn, how do I get some of this stuff after Saturday? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Rich

Rich L

Hmm... i had no idea I had any of this stuff in my garage, but it's nice to know there really is life after Saturday... :wink:

Cheers,
Rich

watch_art

Heheheheee.
Rich you kill me. :)

Okay everybody. I guess that's it. We're done and closed. I'll send another PM to a few of you who haven't paid yet, and if I don't hear from you by Monday, I'll send a check out Tuesday so we can get started with this.

Cheers!
And thanks for all your participation!

watch_art

Okay -
So this is where I'm at:

39 20mm rods
2 22mm rods

$1482 for the 20mm rods
and
$84 for the 22mm rods

So $1566.

Have emailed the ebonite man (with the ebonite NOT in his garage - maybe in a closet?) and will send a check out probably tomorrow.
Cheers!

rstought

Passed Away Nov 11, 2016
In Memoriam
I think you meant "Poltergeist" rather than "The Exorcist"...(most of what the girl from "The Exorcist" said probably can't be repeated here on this family-friendly site...)

Glad to hear that they are almost on their way (to us...)

watch_art

Okay guys - they're ALL shipped out. $122.10 in shipping around the US and Canada. A whole LOT of boxes. A lady in line at the PO asked what on earth I was mailing out. I told her ebonite rods for making pens. "Pens???" yep. "Is there any profit in that?" THen I told her prices and she got bug eyed. "I never..." She sorta smiled and went on. :)

THen I was in line for almost 30 minutes getting things stamped and tagged (filling out customs forms) while the line behind me grew and grew and grew.

;)

Curly

I hope everybody has received their rods.

Not yet but it has only been about a week and a half. If it doesn't show tomorrow then it will likely be the end of next week, well after the long weekend. Ours, not yours. :wink: :) I'm not going to even consider worrying until about the 3 week point. By then there should be a few starting to show up in the SOYP section. :biggrin:

lorbay

I hope everybody has received their rods.

Not yet but it has only been about a week and a half. If it doesn't show tomorrow then it will likely be the end of next week, well after the long weekend. Ours, not yours. :wink: :) I'm not going to even consider worrying until about the 3 week point. By then there should be a few starting to show up in the SOYP section. :biggrin:

I am with Pete on this one. I am sure it's sitting at the boarder and they are trying to figure out what the heck these rods are. "Hey Mikey you open the box, Nope I'm not gonna open, you open it, nope I'm not gonna open." And that is where they sit.

Lin.

Curly

Knock! Knock!

The mail woman just dropped them off at my door. Now I just have to find some time to play with them. :tongue:

Thanks Shawn.

watch_art

That's because it was in a big brown box. :)
...maybe?

Of all the boxes and packs I've sent and received from around the world, only one, on it's way to me, was ever checked. Only one has been lost - in Brazil - and I think the postal guys took it. Tracking showed it stopped a few towns over from its destination and just disappeared. One pack from Italy took three weeks to travel 20 miles before leaving the country. Yikes.

Pretty good track record so far.

Curly

I usually get 30% to 50% of my packages taxed. We recently had some new rules for stuff we bring back when out of the country. Perhaps they changed the rules for packages too? All part and parcel (pun intended) when buying outside the country.

Andrew_K99

I usually get 30% to 50% of my packages taxed. We recently had some new rules for stuff we bring back when out of the country. Perhaps they changed the rules for packages too? All part and parcel (pun intended) when buying outside the country.
Pete are you being taxed on USPS packages or another courier? I've never been taxed on any USPS packages, the only one I was taxed on was a UPS package.

AK

Curly

Andrew I get all my shipments through USPS. With the couriers they always use their in house brokers and their charges for telling me how much tax to pay is much more than our government does. Plus they have cheaper shipping rates. :wink: The mail takes longer but I am fine with that. I don't know how the packages get selected to be taxed, they may use the address it goes to, or the persons name, or some other criteria. Once Marla started using her business name the rate of interceptions seemed to increase for her, then it tapered off, then my stuff got hit more often. It fluctuates and there isn't any way to know for sure. Some packages, like this one that Shawn declared at $200 sailed through and others of $40 got charged.

I wish sometimes there was a pen turner here that worked for Canada Customs that could tell us how it all works but so far none have ever announced themselves. :bashful:

Andrew_K99

Well, hopefully it's has nothing to do with a business address as I just registered my business last week! If I start getting charged that might give some answers as to why some get taxed and other don't. Hopefully the keen postal workers stay in BC and let my packages go through!

AK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom