Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

Sometimes it works.

1__10056_Triton-Rollerball_10K-Gold-with-Chrome-Accents_Box-Elder_001.jpg

1__10056_Triton-Rollerball_10K-Gold-with-Chrome-Accents_Box-Elder_003y.jpg

1__10056_Triton-Rollerball_10K-Gold-with-Chrome-Accents_Box-Elder_002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Holy BoxElder! That leaves me speechless..... I really cant think of a work to express how beautiful that is. I dont think I would be able to part with that one. Your pictures are great too. I think that one deserves the home page featured photo.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
That is AWESOME!!!! I 2nd the homepage worthy!

Do you work with box elder much? My local woodworking friends tell me the red in that fades away in time. Do you know if there is any way to stop that?

bitshird

Larry, that has to be the most beautiful piece of Flame Box Elder/American Maple, I've ever seen, incredible color, and a darned nice pen.

workinforwood

Beautiful pen Larry. The photo's are top notch too! I have intarsias that I've built with some flame box elder and the colors are still just fine..faded, but only just a little bit. I never have had an issue buying wood off ebay. I have found some very unusual stuff there. When it comes to ebay wood vendors, Joel in Hawaii is tops in my book!

Funny you should say that.

Beautiful work !

Thank you and everyone else for your kind words.
Actually, Constant this pen was a first time test of the Triton kit. I was looking for a platform for your "Hummingbird and Flower" blank a friend ordered as a Christmas gift. I was going to use a Jr. Emperor but he wanted to keep the price down. I think I like the weight and feel of this kit. Should look great with your artwork on board.

Top Bottom