Easy Wood Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brewtang

If all you do is pens or similar size stuff, then go for the small ones. If you're into bowls, or bigger work etc, then go for at least the mid size. I look at them all as roughing tools - the Easy Finisher gives a decent finish, but if you're fairly proficient with a bowl gouge you can get a better finish...which equals less sanding. But it is FANTASTIC for getting the waste out of the way!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Our own Ken Farrell (bitshird) makes a similar tool, The Woodchuck, at a fraction of the cost. You might want to check it out.

BKelley

I've got two, the square insert and the round insert tools, both in the smaller size.
THEY ARE GOOD!! Like the above post, I use them mainly for stock removal and from there I use a 220 grit gouge. I don't think you can go wrong buying them.

MAB11

I use the mid size Ci2 for pens. It works great on harder woods and plastics. I get super smooth finishing cuts using the R2 cutters. If you have a midi or mini lathe I would go for the mid sized.

Padre

I have the Easy Wood Tools Ci1, Ci2 and the Ci0, and I have the Woodchuck Pen Pro from bitshird here on IAP.

I only use the Woodchuck on pens, I find the Ci2 tip rather small and the overall length too long for pens, and the Ci1 much too long. I will be ordering his Woodchuck Round 1 soon, as I want to use that with bottle stoppers and small boxes.

The Woodchuck gets you up close and personal with the blank and gives you much more control than the Easy Wood Tools.

For bowls I use only the Easy Wood Tools. I like their length and handle size and length for this task. Both of these manufacturers make high quality stuff.

So, my advice would be for pens use the Woodchuck.

Last edited:

sdemars

Question?

I have the Easy Wood Tools Ci1, Ci2 and the Ci0, and I have the Woodchuck Pen Pro from bitshird here on IAP.

I only use the Woodchuck on pens, I find the Ci2 tip rather small and the overall length too long for pens, and the Ci1 much too long. I will be ordering his Woodchuck Round 1 soon, as I want to use that with bottle stoppers and small boxes.

The Woodchuck gets you up close and personal with the blank and gives you much more control than the Easy Wood Tools.

For bowls I use only the Easy Wood Tools. I like their length and handle size and length for this task. Both of these manufacturers make high quality stuff.

I also have both. Do you find the inserts to be interchangeable. . .?

Not knowing much about machine tools, I am hesitant to change . . .

Steve

bitshird

I also have both. Do you find the inserts to be interchangeable. . .?

Not knowing much about machine tools, I am hesitant to change . . .

Steve

Steve all 3 of my 15 mm inserts will work on the Ci1 I'm not sure about the size on the Ci2, if it uses a 14mm square then our original inserts will fit, but my round inserts won't work with the CiO

Top Bottom