easy way chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shastastan

I think you mean the Easy Wood Chuck. I have one. When they came out they were $500 which I though was too much. The price dropped to $400 which I still thought was too much. Then Craft Supplies had them on sale earlier this year for $320 so I bought one. Know that the jaws cost $69 per set though. I have not seen them on sale. The convenience has been worth it to me to have some different sets of jaws on hand for quick changes. Also there was a 3 month backorder on the chucks.

Some will say to just pick a particular brand and then get the jaws for it. I'm in no way critical of that argument. However, I bought my various chucks over a 20 year period and some had good improvements during that time period. If the Easy Wood Chuck and jaws were out when I started and I bought it and all the jaw sets then, things would have been a lot easier for me. YMMV

Fish30114

I have and Easy Chuck from Easy Wood Tools also, and I love it. I also caught it on sale at Craft Supply-- thewoodturnerscatalog.com I found all the jaws at various times on sale at any of Amazon, Craft Supply, or E-bay. The 'zoom ring' feature is great for getting the jaws to the size of your work piece quickly, and then socking it down really tight with the included T-handle allen wrench. I, like the other poster wish it had been out when I started, I wouldn't have any other chucks except for a mini chuck from Craft Supply for specific projects.

Last edited:

KenV

Easy Tools has had sales near Thanksgiving and Christmas in past years. They were purchased by Pony this summer, but that is still a likely happening.

Go to the web site and get signed up for the mailing list -- the sales are generally national events.

Top Bottom