Ear plugs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spitfire

spitfire

I know there were 2 guy's making ear plugs(body jewerly not the kinda for reducing noise) on here. I searched their post and sent them messages but have not heard back from them. They don't seem to be active on here anymore.

Is anybody else making these? I have a friend who wants some and looking for some info on how you make them, woods to stay away from and finish.

Thanks!
Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

I know that some people have allergic reactions to certain types of wood (rosewood family for example.) If you are clear with what type of wood you are using, I think you would be okay with just about any finish. I think that this would be similar to the "food safe finish" debate, as long as the finish is completely cured, it should be safe. I wouldn't discount the possibility of using acrylics also.

spitfire

There is a specific finish that most use and I have seen the name, starts with a J maybe? I think it's an oil I just can't find the thread here that it was listed in.

I know that some people have allergic reactions to certain types of wood (rosewood family for example.) If you are clear with what type of wood you are using, I think you would be okay with just about any finish. I think that this would be similar to the "food safe finish" debate, as long as the finish is completely cured, it should be safe. I wouldn't discount the possibility of using acrylics also.

DozerMite

Banned
Jojoba oil.

A guy I work with bought some kind of plastic and his ears fused to them. He got a bad infection and had to have his lobes removed. He now has two strings of skin hanging from each ear.

Last edited:

spitfire

Jojoba oil.

A guy I work with bought some kind of plastic and his ears fused to them. He got a bad infection and had to have his lobes removed. He now has two strings of skin hanging from each ear.

That's the stuff thanks!

I'm hoping one of the members who makes these will stop by with some info...

spitfire

Yeah that is one of the guys I tried contacting for more info but never got a response. There was another guy I tried to contact through the forum but not luck there as well.

DurocShark

I hadn't heard that about plastic. Hmm...

Jojoba on wood is ok then?

<---Been out of the piercing scene since the 80's. :wink:

spitfire

--Want to make on my own.

That plastic had to be some funky plastic for that to happen. Jojoba is perfect for wood plugs and for your skin in general.

Top Bottom