Eagle's Night Flight v2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
A while back I made another black kit pen with gold/silver feathers that were deliberately random to sort of look Eagle-esque. This one is completely non-kit and the feathers are indexed. Not so easy to see in the pic, but there are two layers in each feather in one of the directions. One brass and one aluminium. The other direction is just aluminium.
The design is something Eagle and I were toying with.

I figured I'd finish this one while the 'children' are playing around with their casings:tongue::biggrin:

Hope you like it Eagle:wink:

Attachments

• NightFlight2capped.jpg
    NightFlight2capped.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 373
  • NightFlight2open.jpg
    NightFlight2open.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Beautiful Stev! are you still using bolts for threads.

Sometimes John. But I'm learning to cut my own on my lathe. These threads are about 12x1mm. I threaded a long length of stainless rod and just cut off as I need it. I already had a 12x1mm tap, but these are fractionally bigger and I had to use a section of the rod to clean the threads up ( in caps )
All I had to do was cut a slot down the thread with a hacksaw and it works fine. Same threads on my Casing pen too:wink::biggrin:

PR_Princess

Can I second Roy??? :biggrin::biggrin::tongue:

Beautiful work Steven. Another very, very classy pen and great adaption of the feathers. I really love the shape of the pen as well as the design and use of the double metals. Way cool!!!:biggrin::good:

philb

Looks awesome skippy!

Nearly as good as the cartridge one ive just seen you post!! Im going to have to come and get a few a lessons from you on custom pens and threads!!

PHIL

nava1uni

This is an astonishing pen. Your work is exquisite. I love looking at you pens and find myself often with my mouth open from awe of your creative sense, artistry, and workmanship.

Top Bottom