Eagle Scout on fiberglass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

My son will be getting his Eagle Scout rank soon, so I cast and turned this little gem for him as a gift. Hope he likes it!:)

It's a full size Gentleman with blue fiberglass as the background.

Attachments

• DSC_1380.jpg
    DSC_1380.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_1384.jpg
    DSC_1384.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 180
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That's a beautiful Pen!

Clean, simple, clear, with the medallion/label/decal...

Great Job.

Congrats to both Son AND Dad - Be proud!

elkhorn

That's a great accomplishment for your son! My congratulations to him and hope he enjoys future "Eagles Nests". It also requires a lot of support from the family, so all of you should be congratulated as well.

The pen is outstanding and I'm sure he'll treasure it.

Janster

....congratulations to your Son, is that not the highest ranking in the BSA? Also, that is a well done job by you! Be well......Jan

Sataro

Wow! Fantastic looking pen! Great job for your son's accomplishment & the gift from you to show off that accomplishment.

TonyL

Congratulations! That is an outstanding and noble achievement. And quite a handsome pen.

May I ask where you found the FG blank?

Thank you!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Congrats to your son on a great achievement. The pen you made for him is stunning, top notch fit and finish. I know he's going to treasure it for a lifetime.

OZturner

Beautiful pen, Mark, for that Special Event.
Congratulations, to your Son on achieving the Highest Award, in a Most Prestigious Association, The Eagle Scout.
It also follows that to get that Award, you need to have had terrific support from, his Parents, and Friends.
Congratulations to All.
Brian.

Marko50

Congratulations! That is an outstanding and noble achievement. And quite a handsome pen.

May I ask where you found the FG blank?

Thank you!

Thanks Tony!

I made the blank myself. I used Alumilite, blue fiberglass sleeving from "Soller Composites" and the Eagle Scout emblem is a metal medallion. I just employed the same techniques you would use on any "tube-on" casting.:wink:

The kit is a "Gentleman" from Craft Supplies USA.

raar25

Thats a great pen for a kid that has really achieved a tremendous accomplishment. I am a former boy scout and I only made it to life scout which was alot of work. What people dont realize is less than .1% of scouts ever make it to eagle because it is so much work. The rank I made it to was one short of eagle and it would have taken me years to get my eagle so I have a great respect for any child who earns that rank. He must have alot of determination and discipline (which he probably learned from his parents) so well done and congratulations for a fine pen but especially for a fine son. I am sure he will appreciate the pen and some day he will realize how proud you must be. Enjoy the moment!

MarkD

Great job on the pen Mark. It's a beauty!
Also congrats to your son. Eagle scout is quite an accomplishment and may very well open a few doors for him in the future.

Boz

As an Eagle scout myself I congratulate your son and his family. The rank of Eagle is something to be respected and he will carry it with him the rest of his life. It can open doors and proves that you have the stick to it ness to get the job done.

Top Bottom