Dust Collector

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhs494

I don't think I would want the whole blank to get sucked up in it![:eek:)] But the shavings pass thru the same as wood.
A company that I have done some work for uses there dust collection for paper scraps. The paper eventually wears thru the piping, and every where there is any kind of transition, it wears thru and has to be changed, about once a year.
If you are concerned, how about a pre-collector canister?

Fred

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4310 ($27.99)

I have these installed at each major source of debris in my little shop. These devices do an excellent job of dividing the larger shavings and chunks of wood from the dust. The dust goes on to the much larger JET 1200 canister vacuum. The METAL trash can is available from Home Depot and is a 30 gallon can. PLASTIC or RUBBER TRASH CANS WILL NOT WORK.

The best part of these little wonders is that it is far, far easier to empty a trash can than to tear down a DC and go throught all that hassel. I empty my DC about 2 times a year and the pre-sorts about every 10 days or so. [:D]

Since the larger 'stuff' is held out, the possible damages to the DC are avoided. Hits from pieces of wood can and do break impellers in the dust collectors. Wait till you have to repair one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom