Dumb Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

designer

Well not exactly dumb, but I cannot follow the instructions in the videos for this process. The main reason is I have no sense of smell anymore. Let's here it for Zicam nazal gel..... Anyway....

If you don't have a sense of smell to know when the CA is kicking over, how can you tell if you have applied the BLO long enough without wasting too much time. Some is okay, but I get impatient...but I still want it done right.

Okay so maybe some spirits and tobacco may have contributed too, but....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I can't smell the CA either...

maybe it's that dang respirator?:confused::biggrin:

I do it by feel and I don't use BLO except the first coat. After you do it a few times, you can see and feel it.

designer

Hey Dozer! What do I look for in the feel. It's not like my fiancee I know. So is it the heat or friction or tackiness <sp>?

I have used CA, but not CA/BLO and since I just got back to work (money is a bit tight yet) and a newbie, hep me, hep me. LOL

ctubbs

The Ca tends to go somewhat glossy when it sets up. I know, it is glossy when in ,liquid state but it does change a little as it hardens. If you have ever used solder, then you have seen it change color as the lead starts to melt. the change is something lkie that, very subtle but there just the same. YMMV and probably will.
Charles

DozerMite

Banned
For me... it just starts to grab. If you wait too long, it will stick to your applicator.
I let it spin for a few seconds and then do another coat and so on.
CA is just like casting... it works different for each person. Just need to figure out what works for you.:wink:

Top Bottom