Dudes, What's Up?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kipsie

Greetings from Santa Cruz, California.
I have yet to turn my first pen, but I have read through Pen Turner's Workbook. Now, I just need to get a lathe, if my wife lets me...:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

I'm just saying

Welcome to the enablers group.

That's the way I got mine. I brought a lathe home from Rockler and said to my wife - "come see what I bought dear". Of course I gave her the first pen that I made.

Welcome to the madness.

MDEdwards

It's a tool intenssive hobby. Make her the first one, and the second, third ect. Then her mom and girlfriends... after a couple of years you maybe OK.

kipsie

Awesome Forum!

All of you got me laughing! You are hilarious! Thanks for all the advice.
If I'm afraid to talk to my wife, I run the idea through my boys. They thought that pens aren't a hot item, and they don't know anyone who would like to buy one.
I told them that you could have different colored ink, and my youngest said that he would buy one...for $20.:bulgy-eyes:

stonepecker

Welcome from the poor house in Central Minnesota.

I just tell my wife it is an investment and to look how much money she will get when she sells the shop. ( after I am gone. )

Keep smiling and enjoy the hobby.

homemade

Welcome and greeting from N. Alabama club. Your lathe is the most important tool, so choose wisely and get a lot of reviews before you buy. The guys here at IAP are willing to offer as much advice and wisdom they can.
A. Boyd

Sub Vet 10

Holidays are coming up, and several pen suppliers sell bundle "deals" with their lathes...
If the spousal unit is like most of ours she will most likely enjoy it and "accumulate" half the pens you make.

Top Bottom